Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Some days aren't made for from scratch!






Today I found myself at 3:30 and no plans for dinner.  I'd already had a busy day, did lots of cleaning including steam cleaning some carpet, and a lot of heavy duty thinking try to plan out a project.  I had downloaded a new crockpot recipe book onto my Kindle earlier today, and started looking through.  I came across a recipe for chicken tacos, which sounded good, but it was a made from scratch recipe.  Cut up green peppers (didn't have any), chop onions, mince garlic, blah, blah, blah.  Just wasn't in the mood.  So here's the abbreviated  recipe I came up with.

Found some Progresso  Tortilla y Pollo soup in cupboard.  Has chicken chunks, onions, peppers, and spices, check.  Tossed it in the crockpot with a frozen chicken breast.  Yep, I said frozen, in a crockpot, at 3:30pm.  Let it cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.  Now it's 6pm.  Hubby home in about 20 minutes.  Took out the chicken and cut it up.  Tossed it back in pot with soup.



Found some shredded cheese(about 1/2 a pkg), around 4 oz of cream cheese, and a can of black beans.


Dumped in crockpot.


added around 2 cups of cooked white rice. And stirred.  Replaced lid and waited for the hubby to come home in 20 minutes.


Voila.  Chicken Tacos.



And they were really really good.  Good enough for seconds!  The bad news is my husband didn't understand why I wasted my time making dinner when we had leftover pizza from yesterday :(  I forgot!  
The good news is I am freezing the leftovers and then we can have this again another day! :)

Hope you all had a good day!










Momma Hens Coop

No comments:

Post a Comment