Monday, March 12, 2012

boys room reveal

Over the last few weeks I've been working on my son's room.  I am so happy to share the results with you today.  This was a tough room for me.  First of all, this was how the room looked when we moved in.  So although I had never decorated this room into a young boys theme, I was redecorating the room into a more grown-up space.  Not an easy task for a mama whose little boy is growing up.  It's hard to believe he will be 9 next month.  My second challenge came in decorating in a football theme.  I am not a big sports fan, so channeling my inner sports fan was not easy.  In the end I decided to go with a more classic theme and only add in football related accessories.  I explained that if in a few years he wanted to change the theme it would be easy enough to just change out the accessories.  He seems to have bought that - whew.


So here is the before shot.


And here is the after!
I love how much larger the room looks and feels.  Not to mention how much cleaner.  There is no better spring cleaning than a fresh coat of paint!

Enjoy your week!  

Di

Closet after - see closet organization here

Football sign made with scrapbook paper and pressed wood letters.


Home Stories A2Z

Thrifty Decor Chick

13 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! Hope it stays as clean and neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You know the cleanness will never last, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the grey. I just painted my nine year old boys room and did a complete makeover. We choose a dark grey. Your son looks happy in his tween room. THis room will carry him through his teen years. Great job! Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane Saw you stopped by. Here's the link for the finished room. http://chaoticallycreative.com/2012/02/05/gavins-world/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure as a teenager he'll be inviting his friends to check out his awesome room! This project would be perfect for our linky party featuring "Transformations" called Repurpose-Remodel-Reveal, I know our readers would love to see it too! (It starts tomorrow- Friday, March 16th 2012 at 7:00 am and reoccures every 1st and 3rd Friday)

    -Whitney @ TheRoosterAndTheHen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the football sign! Nicely done girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! Love the paint & the football letters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wandered over from Thrifty Decor Chick--looks great! I'd have trouble with a football theme, too, but you've hit the right note...it's there but not overwhelming. Fortunately, all of my boys inherited our non-sporty genes. Of course, I'm sure the day when I get asked for a minecraft themed room is not far off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I think my son would love a minecraft room too! Glad I dodged that bullet - too many squares!

      Delete
  9. It looks awesome! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete