Thursday, June 7, 2012

Burlap stars

Today I'm sharing one of my favorite crafts that I made last year for the 4TH of July.  I'm not big into  decorating for the 4TH, but saw something similar in a little specialty store and fell in love with the look, but couldn't bring myself to pay $45 for it.  

I started with a piece of burlap and cut a star stencil out of newspaper.  After I cut out 2 identical stars, I used acrylic and puffy paints and created my designs.  Once that dried, I glued the two stars together with a hot glue gun, leaving a side open to stuff with newspaper.  It's important to leave a large enough hole because it is difficult to stuff the star so that it lays nicely when you only have a little hole to work with.  Once I was happy with it, I glued the last side shut.  I then took a piece of wire, added some beads, buttons, and other flare to jazz up the metal wire a bit.  Both of these stars are still gracing my front porch right now, and I still love them!  The total cost of the project was $7, and I had enough burlap to make 4 stars. So that really was less than $2 a piece to make. Happy Fireworks to you!!








Linky Party@ All-things-burlap

4 comments:

  1. Those are adorable...absolutely adorable. I love burlap anything. YAY no Word verification. So much nicer and easier to comment. You will get some comments that will land in your spam folder. Both blogger and word press are good about catching them. Just delete those when you see them. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stars are adorable. So glad I meet you.

    Cheri from Its So Very Cheri
    I also have 2 other blogs The DIY Club and Deocr2Adoreable and would love to have you follow along. I will follow you.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheri I'm already a follower of the DIY Club! Thanks for your comments ~ nice to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete