Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ombre wall art


Seems Ombre is all the rage these days.  It’s everywhere from hair, to clothes, to home décor.  A gentle motion of colors merging together.  It has flow and flow reminds me of yoga.  I’ve been doing yoga for 3 1/2 years now and love it so much.  My body actually craves it now.  Yesterday my yoga teach said, you don’t do yoga, you are yoga.  And I thought, yeah, that makes sense to me!  You see, for me, the thing I love most about yoga is allowing myself to make peace with things. Sometimes actually almost daily, I carve out a little time to make peace with my day, to accept the things I can’t change, and make a renewed promise to myself that tomorrow I can do better.  Most of the time I do this when I get in bed at night.  A few minutes of deep breathing, along with a review of my day calm me down, and allow me to sleep - well, most of the time.  And almost always my thoughts turn into prayers, where I turn my trouble over to God to hold for the night.  I can always pick them up in the morning.
So, WOW! that was my inspiration to make this little picture.  It’s simply an 8 X 10 canvas, some acrylic paints, and a stencil.  The words are press on sticky letters.  So simply, yet so important to remember.

                                          find peace
Namaste


where i party:

1 comment:

  1. This piece is beautiful. I love your thoughts about yoga. I always find myself thinking through hymms while I am doing yoga. I never understand why so many Christians think that yoga is anti-Christian. I say naaah!

    ReplyDelete