Sunday, April 28, 2013

Quick & Easy Chicken Tortellini Soup



What a busy weekend we had.  We took my son to the Great Wolf Lodge for his 10th birthday, and returned with just an hour to spare before we needed to be at football practice followed immediately by a game.  The whole time it poured on us.  When we got home it was after 5:30Pm.  We were cold and hungry, but of course, I had nothing started for dinner.  I whipped up this soup that completely hit the spot on a cold spring day.  It was so easy, and to be honest my inspiration came from my freezer left-overs.  The whole thing took a matter of 5 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to heat up.  Here’s what I used:

-the rest of the bag of Tyson frozen Grilled and Ready chicken breast strips, cut into chunks (you could also use left-over chicken breast, adding as much as you like, I used maybe less than a half bag)
-about a half bag of frozen tortellini (any brand you have)
-about 1 cup of Meijer’s organic Salsa, mild (again whatever you have on hand would work, use less if you want it less spicy)
-2 cans of Campbells cream of chicken condensed soup
-1 can of water
-1 tsp of cumin
Toss everything in the pot, stir and heat for about 10 minutes.  Make sure to stir a few times while cooking, as the cream soup tends to stick to the bottom of the pan.

soup

I added some Tortilla Strips for crunch on top. I got these at Meijer. I think adding some corn to the soup would have been a good idea, but didn’t today.   Then I just added some grilled cheese sandwiches, and it was an amazingly filling and satisfying meal. This made a pretty big pot of soup that would probably feed 4. I love it when something I throw together works so well.  I would totally make this again!!  

 DSCN3984
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great week!

Linky Party

No comments:

Post a Comment